Why This Course
The modern manager needs to understand the financial implications of their day to day decisions and the impact they have on the business. It is also important that managers have a solid grasp of basic financial awareness in order to agree and manage budgets effectively and appreciate core finance principles. This is extremely important for technical managers who must take larger responsibility in the organization.
This course is aimed at any manager that would need to be more financially aware.
This course will help participants to understand financial concepts and the terminology used across the organization. The course will also enable them to translate financial reports, write and understand budgets and use the information to help improve their success as a manager. The benefits of this course for the organization are:
- Improved finance awareness staff become more cost and benefit conscious aligned with company goals.
- Improved cash flow – since sales staff is benchmarked to set challenging targets.
- Improved empathy and relationships – building better understanding and this relationships with finance dept..
- Clear accountabilities – a chance to recognise people who contribute to profit while improving others.
At the end of this performance management training course delegates will be able to:
- Explain their impact on organisational finances and interpret key facts
- Understand financial terms and confidently discuss issues that affect company finance
- Interpret the three key financial statements – Profit & Loss, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow
- Plan, Implement and Monitor a Budget
Detailed Course Coverage
The finance course covers the core financial statements and provides important experience and practical examples in the following areas:
- An Introduction to Finance Basics – Helping participants appreciate how their role as manager influences and affects finance within the organisation
- Understanding Financial Terms – Addressing the barriers of financial jargon in order to ensure participants feel included in discussions around finance
- Financial Statements – Providing participants with an understanding of the five accounting groups and introducing them to the three key financial statements
- The Profit & Loss Statement (Income Statement) – A walkthrough of this statement with a focus on net profit and gross profit and why they are important
- The Balance Sheet – Asking participants to review the balance sheet to identify what it does and does not tell them whilst ensuring they understand capital, assets and liabilities and the accounting equation
- Cash Flow – Identifying what cash flow is, why it’s important and how the cash flow cycle works
- The Cash Flow Statement – Understanding how to interpret a cash flow statement, who it’s important to and the categories within it (operating, investing, financing)
- Working with Budgets – Helping participants to identify what a budget is and why it’s important to the organisation and the participant as manager
- Budgets and the Operational Plan – Looking at the planning cycle, where the budget sits and it’s relationship with the operational plan
- Writing a Budget – A look at budgeting methods, the different budgeting options, including variables, developing categories and defining budget line items
- Budget Planning Practice – A practical activity that helps participants develop an effective budget plan
- Monitoring the Budget – The importance of monitoring the budget, checking variables and making cash flow projections
What you will receive
- Course Workbook:
This is a place for participants to add their action plans and learning, whilst also containing information about the course and a place to work on exercises and activities
- Session Plan
Details what is included in the course, so participants have complete awareness and can track course progress
- PowerPoint Slides:
A copy of all slides run during the course.
A detailed explanation of the activities/exercises used during the learning process
- Lunch & Tea Breaks on all days
A certificate of completion
ICM, UK certification (optional)
The complete course content is accredited by the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM), guaranteeing professional standards from a leading global professional body. The course is tried and tested at the highest level in some of the UK’s largest companies.
Delegates wishing to have an additional certification by ICM are required to complete a work book which will be given by the instructor and taught in the class. The original workbook will sent to UK and a certificate issued directly from there. The ICM certification costs are additional and should be checked with the Training manager
This course is regularly available as a public course or delivered in-company, customized to your precise needs. For public sessions please see our calendar at http://www.tpsworldlearning.com/trainingplan20152016/
Fees as mentioned in the calendar must be received before the course date.
- Account name : TPS MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS
- Bank Name : Mashreq Bank, Branch : E BV Dubai
- ACCOUNT NO : 019100019183
- IBAN : AE180330000019100019183
- SWIFT CODE : BOMLAEAD (AED)[/one_third]
To Register please contact
TPS Management Consultants
B 225 Business Villages Al Maktoum Road
PO Box 14033 Dubai UAE
Tel : +971 4 239 5317M : +971 50 5578626